At Buffets4Business we promote fresh ingredients, local sourced produce and delicious recipes, so Halloween and all its ‘Haribo’ can be a challenge.
We have been looking at healthier recipes to try and replace at least some of the sweets and chocolate, while still appealing to the little witches, ghosts and monsters!
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup fruit of your choice
- 3 Tbs berry juice concentrate-found at most health food stores (I used cherry juice concentrate)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia (or your sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbs) unflavoured gelatine
- In a high-speed blender, puree the water, berries, stevia, and berry juice concentrate until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a medium/large saucepan and turn the stove onto medium heat.
- Let it simmer (to a boil, but not quite!) for about a minute, then remove it from the heat.
- Using a whisk, whisk in the lemon juice, then, VERY SLOWLY, whisk in the gelatine until there are no lumps. It may take a while, but trust me, you’ll be happy when your jelly sweets aren’t full of gelatine lumps!
- Let the mixture cool to almost room temperature, then pour it into your sweet (or other) moulds, or a greased baking dish.
- Refrigerate your moulds for a minimum of 2 hours to set.
- Remove the jelly sweets from the moulds and serve!
- Store the jelly sweets in the fridge.