We all know that lunch meetings can be a brilliant way of building alliances and successful relationships. What we sometimes forget though is that it’s not just a meeting, it’s a meal too and should be enjoyed as such. Get your lunch from Buffets4Business and you’ll have the delicious food sorted but whilst you may be starving after a long morning of meetings and ready to tuck in, just hang on and digest these etiquette tips to make sure everything goes smoothly…
- Get stuck in. Whether you’re a guest or the host, remember everyone will be wanting to eat. If the food has been laid out, people will be hungry and they won’t want to have to wait for an update on the Customer Retention Stats before eating.
- Before getting stuck in. If you’re meeting new people over lunch, firmly shake their hand and look them in the eye, it shows character. Then quickly go for the best sandwich.
- Absolute no, no’s. Unless it’s absolutely crucial – life, death or about to be fired – texting or answering calls on your mobile over a nice lunch is not the done thing.
- A lovely chat. People are people as well as titans of business. So over lunch, discuss the food, the weather, the game or this seasons’ hot colour —just don’t go straight for the business of the day.
- And of course, never ever forget what your Mum used to nag you about. Don’t chew with your mouth open, don’t talk with your mouth full and be sure thank your host. That way, you’ll be asked back.